Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Magician

The magician was realy talented. He could fish a rabbit from his top hat with just a flip of his hands, he could transform flowers into doves, he could rub a handkerchief and it would become a rod. His hands could do multiple tricks in front of an amazed audience.

After seeing one of his shows, a boy decided that he too would like to become a magician. One day, the boy approached the magician's house hoping that he could learn from the expert.

The magician said to the boy, `From now on, you will have to jog for 10 kilometers every morning. Then, come back to feed my dove and rabbit and help me clean my props as well. Only then will I teach you magic.'

`Clean up your props and feed the dove and rabbit? Isn't it going to be very dirty? No, I'm not going to do it.' the boy shook his head.

The magician sighed deeped, `Well then. At least come back after jogging 10 kilometers each morning.'

`But I will be sweating so much then! I'll be too exhausted to learn anything. Why not teach me straight away?' asked the boy.

The magician fumed. `Do you think it is so easy to learn magic? I ask you to run 10 kilometers to improve your strength and feed the animals to understand their nature better. Only after cleaning the props will you understand what they are for. These are magic's basic steps. But you tell me that you don't want to do them. You only want an easy way out. Learning magic is in no way easy. Forget about it. You are not ready to learn!'

The magician then shut the door on the puzzled boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment