Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday Blues

When Monday comes and you seem to drag your feet to work, looking forward to Friday again. Sounds familiar as you are not alone as there are millions of working adults worldwide who are hardly motivated at work.

Let me relate to some incidences today, Monday.

LRT breakdown due to technical problems
Working adults rely on the LRT as their convenient way of transportation. Just imagine the crowd at the LRT stations when the trains broke down due to technical problems. There is no alternative means of getting to work. What a terrible start of the day particularly on a Monday. Monday blues. Since LRT play such an important role in the day to day transportation, steps should be taken to ensure that incidences of breakdown be reduced to a bare minimum. The transportation system should be more reliable and in doing so, the number of cars on the road can be significantly reduced when the working adults opts for LRT and leave their cars behind at home.

Annual Adjustment
Today is the day when we have our notification for the annual adjustment. You win some and you lose some, as the saying goes. There are some who are happy and some who are not. Whatever it is, it depends on how you look at a situation. Has anyone ever seen a genuinely contented look on an employee who had just received the notification? Probably not, as humans are never satisfied with what they have. However, all is not lost yet. Tell yourself you are still the best and one day you will be rewarded accordingly.

Receipt of Calendar
I have had a pleasant surprise when a colleague of mine presented me with a calender. The calender is not available for free and you have to purchase for it. I am indeed thankful not so much for the calendar but the underlying thought behind it. My colleague could have given the calendar to someone else. However, he chose to give me one. Very appreciative.

So at the end of the day, was it a Monday Blue or a Monday Cheer?
Leaves it to your imagination. Well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear. Wow wrote a lot already. Nice stuffs you wrote but maybe you should add some colours, like photos etc. Add more stuffs on your side bar too. I think you should have a more fun and likable title. Just listen to me - sounds quite demanding. Maybe "My personal view" or "As how I see it" or "My life" something catchy to attract readers. The first thing when anyone open a blog, if it does not attract them, they will not stop to read even though you have something interesting to write. I was kinda busy lately, I did visit your blog a few times but no time to add my comment. I know you will improve, well I did, after reading quite a number of other blogs. keep blogging dear.

    ReplyDelete